Thursday, September 08, 2005

How to Have Fun in a Chicken-Shit World

My grandson turned 3 years old, this Summer. He's a strong, very active, happy kid. Some of the things he likes to do when he's staying at our house:

Go trailrunning with G'Pa - He loves "getting muddies"

Walking the dog around the block - it's an 85-pound dog, and he insists on holding the leash.

Playing soccer in our back yard

Climbing ANYTHING


and now...skateboarding.

You might think I'm irresponsible for letting him do some of these things. Tough crap. It's not like I'm going to take him on one of my crazy 100-mile trail runs or drop him down a rope, into a cave. (At least, not yet). Skinning knees and stubbing toes should be part of growing up. In my opinion, it should be part of being a fun-loving adult, too.

Take a few well-calculated risks every now and then and have fun. Live vicariously through yourself. It makes life worth living.


*****Special Mask for Chicken-Shit People*******

No comments: