Friday, November 11, 2005

College Station, Tejas...Bummer it isn't Austin

I need to pack-up my stuff for Texas. It's my once per year, six-day business trip to A & M in College Station. At least it won't be too hot in November. My flight leaves Sunday afternoon, so I will at least be able to get in a good trail run Sunday morning.
I dislike that town immensely, but I get along OK while I'm there. The running sucks down there, so I will join a gym for the week and be fine...(or so I tell myself). I'm also within staggering distance of some decent restaurants and bars; (I don't have to drive to them).
Here's my schedule while I'm down there:
4:00am: go to gym and workout;
5:30am: shower, eat b'fast, brew some coffee for the day & put in thermos...(the coffee at my conference sucks);

7:00am: drive to my class, learn something, and bullshit with the bumpkins;
5:00pm: get out of class, shower, and go eat;
7:00pm: 3 possibilities: 1) study, 2) go for a run, or 3) get shitfaced.
10:00pm: Hit the rack.
Repeat 4 more times.

That'll be my week. I usually am pretty disciplined on business trips, so I won't get into too much trouble. (That comes with age and experience, I guess).

No comments: