Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm Running Again!!!

Last night was my first time back to running after a 2-week hamstring-healing session. It appears to have worked; I ran 11 miles on the really hilly trails (of the Psycho WyCo course). It was 91 degrees when we started, but the humidity was below 40%, so it felt OK. We also got to run on the trails that we worked so hard on last Saturday. Schweeett!

What a blast! I had to keep myself from staying out longer. I felt like running for 50 kilometers, at least. I'll hit the weights and stationary bike this afternoon, then plan on running both Saturday and Sunday. I'll keep my mileage to about 10 miles for each day. Next weekend, I'll ante-up and do back to back long runs, if I'm up to it.
It's good to be back!

7 comments:

Gregg Lynn said...

Glad you're back on two wheels, Ben. See you at some of the Trail Series events.

gregg

Breeves2000 said...

You heal fast! Glad to hear it's treating you right.

Anonymous said...

yay!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you are healed. Nice work on those trails. They look niiiice.

Lora said...

Welcome Back!! We missed ya!!

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

nice site! glad your back on the trails.

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.